Training and Consultancy
We provide a range of training events and consultancy for the museum sector, including our new Family Friendly audits.
We offer training days on a variety of themes to support your work with children, young people and families.
All sessions will bring together leading experts in their field and a range of different organisations, exploring the successes and challenges of their work. You will have the opportunity to share issues and best practice, and explore the next steps for implementing ideas.
Tickets are now available for our first training dates in spring:
- Tuesday 30 April: Young People and Wellbeing – NOW SOLD OUT
- Thursday 9 May: Welcoming Families and Young People with Autism – NOW SOLD OUT
- Tuesday 11 June: Children, Families and Wellbeing
Further training dates will be announced later in the year. These are expected to focus on creating a family friendly welcome with front of house staff and providing museum careers-based training for young people. Check back here for further information.
We offer a range of support for individual organisations or regional groups, from carrying out audits of your site to bespoke training on how to embed work with children, families and young people in your museum.
To learn more and discuss your museum’s needs, please contact Laura Bedford, Head of Programmes: [email protected]
Family Friendly audits
The Kids in Museum report gave us a useful insight into some simple solutions to improving the family experience. In particular the Education team were interested in the findings.Feedback on Family Friendly Museum Audit from National Museums Ireland
Do you want to get an external perspective on how your site can be more welcoming to families, children and young people? Then an audit might be for you. We will:
- meet with staff to talk through what you want to get out of the audit, so we can tailor it to your organisation’s needs
- carry out the audit and create a report with photos of your site, assessing the areas that work well and those that might need improving
- make suggestions for how improvements might be made and bring in real examples from other organisations to inspire you.
Cost including VAT: £1,500.
If you would like to book an audit for your organisation, please contact Laura Bedford, Head of Programmes: [email protected]