2020 marks 10 years of Kids in Museums Takeover Day. To celebrate, we’re inviting heritage venues to join our week-long Takeover Day Festival:
- Monday 16 – Sunday 22 November
You can hold your Takeover Day at any time during this week. Watch this space for more announcements about our celebrations in early 2020.
Digital Takeover Day
After feedback from the sector, we trialled holding a second summer Takeover Day in 2019. For 2020, we’ve decided to combine this summer event with our annual Teen Digital Takeover, and open this up to young people up to the age of 25. Our Digital Takeover Day will be on:
- Friday 3 July
This event will have a digital and social media focus, but we welcome any Takeover Day events on this date.
Family Friendly Museum Award
Nominations for the fifteenth Family Friendly Museum Award will open on Tuesday 24 March 2020.
Last year we introduced three award categories for Small, Medium and Large Museums. The categories remain the same for 2020, though there has been a slight change in the category boundaries. Please see the Family Friendly Museum Award page for further information.
- Tuesday 24 March – Friday 29 May: Nominations open.
- w/c 15 June: The Family Friendly Museum Award shortlist is announced.
- October: The Family Friendly Museum Award winners are announced at an awards ceremony in London.
We are pleased to announce three new training courses, as well as the return of the Kids in Museums Carnival – our conference with a difference.
- Monday 24 February: Meaningful consultation with children and families
- Tuesday 10 March: Welcoming Families and Young People with Autism
Wrexham County Borough Museum and Archives
- Wednesday 18 March: Welcoming Families and Young People with Autism
Museum of Cardiff
- April TBC: Kids in Museums Carnival
Booking for our new training day, Meaningful consultation with children and families, is now open on Eventbrite.
The training events in Wales are for Welsh museums only and held in partnership with Autism in Museums. Booking will open in January.
We will share more on the Kids in Museums Carnival early next year. Check back on our Training and Consultancy page for further training dates to be announced in Spring 2020.
That’s it for now. To get all our latest updates straight to your inbox, sign up to the Kids in Museums newsletter. We’re looking forward to working with you next year!