Thursday 26th January 2017
2.00pm – 5.00pm
Tate Exchange at Tate Modern
Free event and refreshments provided
For museum, gallery and heritage professionals including volunteers, trustees, interns, young producers, freelancers and apprentices
Are you ready to enjoy the Kids in Museums Carnival?
Find out about all the things Kids in Museums can do to support you in putting children, young people and families at the heart of your museum, gallery or heritage site. And tell us what else you’d like us to offer…
Here’s some of the things you’ll discover at the Kids in Museums Carnival…
- Learn top tips in our pop up zone – Family Friendly Museum Award winners present best practice mini case studies of ways to welcome and involve families
- Training opportunities – pick up free resources from our stalls and discover ways to put children, young people and families at the heart of your organisation
- Meet the Kids in Museums team and chat with us about how we can support you (e.g. Takeover Day, our new Mini Manifesto)
- Go to the movies with Norfolk Museums young filmmakers
- Visit our partner stalls – meet Arts Award and other partners and find out how to collaborate with them on projects
- Great panoramic views of London and a chance to explore art and ideas in the exciting new Tate Exchange space
- Tell us what you want from Kids in Museums on our interactive wall
- Network and chat over free coffee and roam the Tate Exchange space
*** There will also be a guest appearance by Caleb Femi, Young People’s Poet Laureate for London and the chance to join a free tour led by young people from Tate Collective London to get a new perspective on the Tate Collection.***
This is unlike any other museum event as you won’t be asked to sit down, be quiet or turn off your phone!
If you want lively conversation, digital engagement, entertainment and a carnival spirit then this event is for you!
Tate Collective London is part of Circuit, led by Tate and funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation
What people say about our workshops:
“Very relevant! There was so much I could implement!”,
“Very stimulating day, thank you”,
“Well done – it was jam packed but that was a real bonus!”,
“Brill, thank you for a great day! Really great to be in a room with so many passionate people”,
“The diverse speakers were fab. I have been inspired with many new ideas”.
To see what happened at our previous workshops, have a look at our Storifys for a round up of tweets from each event.